Birthday party planned for March Christian Bookshop
THE March Christian Bookshop is celebrating its 20th anniversary on Saturday September 15 by decorating its Station Road premises and sharing a birthday cake with customers.
Manageress Rosemary Fuller said: “When we opened back in 1992 we had no idea we would still be here 20 years later. It was a step of faith for us all, we see the shop as a ministry to the people of March. We look forward to meeting both regular and new customers to our celebration.”
Rosemary, warden at St Wendreda’s Church in March, opened the shop with her husband Graham, along with fellow trustees Michael and Marion Ford.
She said: “All the work at the book shop is entirely voluntary, and many people give their time to help. Regular helper Christina Fenn has also been involved right from the beginning.”
On behalf of the shop, Marion Ford runs book parties at churches around the district, giving talks and taking along a variety of Bibles and Christian publications.
You may also want to watch:
The popular shop, which sells a wide variety of items including Bibles, cards, gift books and CDs, also has a tea shop. The store has welcomed customers from all over the world, and is one of the longest trading shops in the town centre.
Rosemary added: “I would like to thank all our suppliers, reps, and of course all the individuals who give so much of their time to serve and minister to customers. I would particularly like to thank former trustee Michael Ford who does all our paperwork.”
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 5 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 6 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 9 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million