Bishop of Ely appoints Fenland vicar as a Canon at Ely Cathedral service
THE vicar of Wisbech St Mary was admitted as a Canon by the Bishop of Ely at a special service in Ely Cathedral.
The Rev Matthew Bradbury - who is also Vicar of Guyhirn with Ring’s End, Gorefield and Southea with Murrow and Parson Drove - was one of eight new canons to be appointed.
At the cathedral, the Bishop, the Rt Rev Stephen Conway, also commissioned the Rev Professor David Thompson as the Bishop’s Ecumenical Adviser as well as installing him as Etheldreda Canon.
Hugh Duberly, Lord Lieutenant for Cambridgeshire, was installed as a Lay Canon.
Bishop Conway said: “This was a hugely significant service. We welcome Professor Thompson formally as our Ecumenical Adviser and rejoice that the Lord Lieutenant has accepted a Lay Canonry.
You may also want to watch:
“We also welcome, as Honorary Canons, clergy from across the Diocese to bring distinctive gifts and contributions to the wider Chapter.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire