Blanket 20mph limit in Wisbech not my idea
In regards to Councillor Paul Clapp’s letter last week, ‘hypocritical Tories now propose 20mph limit’, I must complain about what the letter suggests and about the tone used.
It is one thing to run a line of political spin, which we are sadly forced to tolerate from UKIP on a regular basis lately, but another to outright lie.
Cllr Clapp names me in his letter and goes on to suggest I am proposing some 20mph blanket scheme across Wisbech like the one put forward by the Bucknors last year.
This is simply not true, he appears to have simply invented it out of thin air.
Whatever has caused him to become befuddled, I won’t hold my breath waiting for him to apologise.
You may also want to watch:
CLLR STEVE TIERNEY
Wisbech Town Council, Peckover
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
Fenland District Council, Medworth