Blood donor honoured for dedication at home of Norwich City - Carrow Road
A BLOOD donor from March has been honoured for his dedication at an event at Norwich City’s Carrow Road ground.
Paul Fisher, of March, was among 108 loyal donors rewarded by NHS Blood and Transport (NHSBT) for donating on at least 75 occasions.
Donors attending the event have already donated enough blood to save almost 27,000 lives - the equivalent of a sold-out Canaries’ stadium.
Patrick Nugent, assistant director for blood collection services at NHSBT, said: “The commitment that these donors have shown to donating blood throughout their lives is remarkable.
“They are shining examples to others thinking of donating for the first time or to those who haven’t donated in a while.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted to honour them and are grateful for every single donation they have given.”
Mr Fisher received a crystal plate for his services.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze