Blooming marvellous cheque presentation
- Credit: Archant
A cheque for £500 has been handed to the Wisbech in Bloom team to help brighten up the town in preparation for the Britain in Bloom finals this summer.
The money has been given by Duncan Jeffries, customer services manager and Len Smith, lead manager, from the new Wisbech Tesco store.
The money was presented to Wisbech in Bloom Chairman, Brian Massingham.
The funds will be used to buy additional barrier baskets to complete the new landscaping scheme on Nene Quay.
The judging date for Anglia in Bloom has been confirmed as July 22.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech has been selected from more than 1,000 entrants to take part in the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) Britain in Bloom UK Finals 2014.
The campaign celebrates its 50th anniversary this year and finalists were chosen for their efforts to engage all members of the community, for demonstrating exceptional commitment to helping the environment and for horticultural achievement.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
Wisbech was among those chosen following the regional stage of judging in 2013 from a total of 50 groups in the region.