Blooming marvellous open garden fund raiser in March
- Credit: Archant
A garden that has won the champion of champion title in March has raised £433 for the National Garden Scheme charities during an open weekend.
Allan & April Hammond opened their garden at 20 Steeple View to a steady flow of visitors.
Their display is described as a garden that overlooks meadows and comprises of a mixture of well stocked beds and borders. An elegant pergola is accessed via a bridge over the main pond which stretches the full length of the garden.
The exit through a small orchard area and cottage garden.
The Hammonds are twice winners of overall best garden in March and champion of champion winners in the March garden competition.
You may also want to watch:
On Bank Holiday Monday, August 31, from 1pm to 5pm, Andrew Clarke opens his garden at 24 Gordon Avenue March.
It is described as a delightful small town garden which can be viewed from the conservatory which is helpful if it is rainy.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
On Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 August from 10.30am to 4pm and on Sunday September 6 from noon to 4.30pm Paul and Maria Nielsen Bom open their doors for garden visitors at Beaver Lodge, 45 Henson Road in March.
Their garden is being featured in national magazine Garden News.
It is described as an award winning garden divided into different sections; oriental with pond, bonsai, ferns and a continental area.
Refreshments are available at all the gardens.