Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- Credit: Policing Fenland
A BMW driver found himself uncomfortably trying to explain to police how he crashed into a brick wall.
Police checked if he had been drinking. He hadn’t.
They checked if he had taken drugs prior to the crash. He hadn’t.
“A breath test was carried out – the driver blew zero,” said police on their Fenland Facebook page.
“A DrugsWipe was also carried out and that was negative”.
You may also want to watch:
The crash in Churchill Road, Wisbech, forced closure whilst police and a recovery truck swung into action clearing away the car and the mess.
“The vehicle was recovered,” added the police spokesperson.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
“The driver has been interviewed and reported at the scene”.
Facebook followers of police were not slow at coming forward with their views.
Local councillor and taxi driver Billy Rackley told police: “Micky Mouse driving”
And he thought the driver “wouldn't know what a Highway Code looks like and as for the power, picture speaks for itself.”
Amanda Gower thought the driver “was being clever wheel spinning out the junction at the traffic lights wheel span too much and lost control”