Boat hire firm raises hundreds for British Heart Foundation
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Fox Narrowboats in March are celebrating as they handover a cheque for £2157.64 to the British Heart Foundation.
The company chose the organisation as their charity of the year for 2014 and raised the money from a variety of events including narrowboat trips at the St George’s Fayre in March, a tool sale, book stall, and a sponsored cycle ride around Rutland Water.
They finished the year with a Christmas tombola.
Tracey Baxter, finance director at Fox Narrowboats, said: “We are delighted with the amount raised for British Heart Foundation this year and would like to thank our customers and staff for their support.
“Next year we will be supporting the East Anglian Children’s Hospice and our first event of the year will be Boat Trips at the March St George’s Fayre on April 26.”
You may also want to watch:
East Anglian Children’s Hospice support families and care for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk.
The support is tailored for the needs of all family members and delivered where the families wish – in their own home, at hospital, in the community or at one of three hospices in Ipswich, Milton or Quidenham.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph