Body discovered at quarry in Tottenhill identified
- Credit: Archant
The body of man found at a quarry near King’s Lynn on Thursday has been identified as missing person Barry Birch.
Birch, 44 of Downham Market, was last seen on 28 December 2013. His next of kin have been informed.
Officers were called to a quarry site off the A10 between Tottenhill and Watlington at about 3.05pm after a member of the public reported seeing the body of a man in the water.
A post mortem carried out established initial cause of death to be drowning, although further toxicology tests are being carried out.
The death is not being treated as suspicious and the police cordon at the scene has been lifted.
You may also want to watch:
A file is being prepared for HM Coroner and an inquest will open in due course.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire