Body found in public toilet on Broad Street, March - police have taped off Greys Lane
- Credit: Archant
A person has died in March this morning after a body was found in a public toilet in Broad Street.
A police spokesman said: “The incident is being treated as a sudden death. The cause is unexplained.
“We were called by the ambulance service at just after 11.30am.”
Police, ambulance and fire crews are currently at the scene and the path is taped off outside Barclays Bank.
Forensic investigators are also attending the incident.
You may also want to watch:
One person said on social media: “I went to use one of the toilets and found a man passed out.”
Caroline Parker, of March, said: “I got a phone call from a friend who said there was a dead body found in the toilet.
- 1 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 2 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 7 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
“I was quite concerned; I was worried in case it was one of my brothers who are homeless, because they hang around that area of town.
“I’ve come up here to discover this is happening, and I think it’s quite terrible that this has happened in such a small town like March.”