Body found in Sixteen Foot Bank at Stonea
- Credit: Archant
A body has been found in the river at Stonea.
The man, believed to be in his 50s, was discovered in the Sixteen Foot Bank yesterday morning (February 26).
Emergency services attended the scene as the Sixteen Foot Bank (B1098) was closed for large parts of the day.
A police spokesman said: "We were called just after 10am yesterday following the discovery of a man's body in the water at Sixteen Foot Bank, Stonea.
"The death of the man, believed to be in his 50s, is not being treated as suspicious and will be handed to the coroner."
More to follow.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 8 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 9 Memories of Meat Loaf in Norfolk following the news of his death
- 10 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police