Bodybuilding granddad makes generous donation to Murrow Pre School
- Credit: Archant
A bodybuilding granddad has donated £300 he was given for selling his story to a national magazine to his grandson’s pre-school.
Roland Burton, 65, of Murrow, who was featured in Take A Break magazine, presented the cheque to Murrow Pre School manager Wendy Hopkin and the children today.
The retired car dealer featured on the front page of the Wisbech Standard after he competed in the Anglian Bodybuilding Championships, his first ever bodybuilding contest, in June.
Pre school manager Wendy Hopkin said: “The money will make a big difference especially as we are a charity pre-school.
“We’ll ask parents what they would like us to do with the money.”
Mr Burton still trains at Shapers gym in Wisbech but has not competed in any more competitions.
He said: “At the minute I’ve got a pre-op coming up for a hernia. I still train but not very heavy and I’ve put on quite a bit of weight.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
“I’d like to compete in another competition but my wife Margaret is not keen because it is hard work training and dieting and we have a grandson who lives with us.”