Bodybuilding granddad makes generous donation to Murrow Pre School
- Credit: Archant
A bodybuilding granddad has donated £300 he was given for selling his story to a national magazine to his grandson’s pre-school.
Roland Burton, 65, of Murrow, who was featured in Take A Break magazine, presented the cheque to Murrow Pre School manager Wendy Hopkin and the children today.
The retired car dealer featured on the front page of the Wisbech Standard after he competed in the Anglian Bodybuilding Championships, his first ever bodybuilding contest, in June.
Pre school manager Wendy Hopkin said: “The money will make a big difference especially as we are a charity pre-school.
“We’ll ask parents what they would like us to do with the money.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Burton still trains at Shapers gym in Wisbech but has not competed in any more competitions.
He said: “At the minute I’ve got a pre-op coming up for a hernia. I still train but not very heavy and I’ve put on quite a bit of weight.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
“I’d like to compete in another competition but my wife Margaret is not keen because it is hard work training and dieting and we have a grandson who lives with us.”