Bogus workmen con elderly woman out of £4000
BOGUS workmen conned an elderly woman out of more than £4,000 by posing as genuine workmen.Paving work had been commissioned from a genuine company at a house in Gaul Road, March and the work was near completion. However two bogus workmen, posing as empl
BOGUS workmen conned an elderly woman out of more than £4,000 by posing as genuine workmen.
Paving work had been commissioned from a genuine company at a house in Gaul Road, March and the work was near completion. However two bogus workmen, posing as employees from the genuine company, called at the house on Wednesday, May 23 to collect payment.
Around £4,100 was handed over to them.
Both men are believed to be white, with one man in his 30s, thin and around 5"5. The other man is in his 40s with a heavy build and glasses.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable John Ward, who is investigating, said: "I would like to speak to anyone who can recall seeing what looked like workmen at a house in Gaul Road.
"This has been an incredibly upsetting ordeal for the victim. The woman has been pleased with the work that has taken place at the property. However, these men have taken advantage of this and fraudulently collected payment for the work.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
"If anyone can recall seeing these men, or any vehicle parked near to the property, please get in touch.
"Any witnesses could prove helpful to the investigation."
Anyone with any information is asked to contact DC Ward at Wisbech Police Station on 0845 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.