Bonfire spreads out of control in Whittlesey
A BONFIRE got out of control when it spread to a tree.
People started the blaze in Blackbush Drove, Whittlesey yesterday (Sunday, August 1) when it became too hot to handle.
When fire fighters arrived at 4.25pm, they discovered the flames had spread to a tree.
Luckily they extinguished it in less than an hour but a Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “This incident highlights how easily a bonfire can turn into a much more serious fire.”
The spokesman added: “If you start a bonfire near vegetation or anything else flammable there is a very real danger of it spreading and it will very quickly become out of control.”
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 2 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 MP takes a tour of school’s £14m transformation
- 8 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire
- 9 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 10 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'