Bonfire spreads out of control in Whittlesey
A BONFIRE got out of control when it spread to a tree.
People started the blaze in Blackbush Drove, Whittlesey yesterday (Sunday, August 1) when it became too hot to handle.
When fire fighters arrived at 4.25pm, they discovered the flames had spread to a tree.
Luckily they extinguished it in less than an hour but a Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “This incident highlights how easily a bonfire can turn into a much more serious fire.”
The spokesman added: “If you start a bonfire near vegetation or anything else flammable there is a very real danger of it spreading and it will very quickly become out of control.”
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 6 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works