Book about Outwell’s First World War heroes to go on display at St Clement’s Church
Earlier this year I contacted your newspaper to make an appeal for information on the soldiers from Outwell who fell in active service during the First World War.
Our reason for the request was to collate information for a book listing details of the fallen men and have it on display in the church for members of the public to see.
The appeal was published with excellent results and has enabled us to have the book ready for display in St Clement’s Church from 11am-3pm on Saturday, July 12.
We hope that when the public view the book it will also bring further information which can be recorded.
I now once again ask for your assistance to make our results known and the tribute we are making to these men.
You may also want to watch:
There will be helpers available to assist and answer any questions.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
On behalf of The Historical Group, St Clement’s Church, Outwell