Bootiful Norfolk? Maybe but the same national paper ‘stole’ Wicken Fen from Cambridgeshire!
- Credit: Archant
A NATIONAL paper faced criticism from its own readers today after publishing an article about the charm of Norfolk only to use a photo of a Fenland beauty spot.
“Bootiful: Wicken Fen in Norfolk” said the caption on the photo at the top of the Guardian/Observer website headed ‘eight reasons why Norfolk is cool.”
Readers jumped in quickly to point out that Wicken Fen belongs to Cambridgeshire and not Norfolk.
“Shoot the sub-editor,” said one contributor. “Wicken Fen is in Cambridgeshire, doofus”.
But that wasn’t the only error by the paper which pointed out that Norfolk was home to such luminaries as TV chef Delia Smith- she lives in Suffolk! Indeed she recently featured in tourist guide offering a list of famous Suffolk celebrities.
You may also want to watch:
The article did point out, correctly, that Broadland was last week named Britain’s most peaceful place but then Wisbech has been recently labelled one of the top 30 best towns in Britain in which to live.
And East Cambs regularly features in lists of most beautiful and/or peaceful parts of the country.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
Cool Norfolk or Cool Cambs? Tweet us as @cambstimes @elystandard or @wisbechstandard with your thoughts.