Boots at the ready: Fundraising joy for Vicki as she takes step closer to Peru trek
FUNDRAISER Vicki Wright has her hiking boots at the ready after she took a step closer to conquering the 26-mile Inca Trail in Peru.
The Fenland youth worker is just �300 short of raising the �3,700 needed to go on the Macmillan Cancer Support trek in May.
And her fundraising events have been so successful that she has now decided to try and raise �5,000 for the charity.
Vicki said her last event, a race night at The Cock Inn, in March, raised more than �1,200 towards the total.
She said: “I have been totally amazed at the support I have received and I can’t thank people enough.”
You may also want to watch:
Vicki thanked everyone who attended the race night, as well as staff at The Cock Inn and all the race sponsors and raffle prize donators.
Her next fundraising event is a ‘Fantastic Fitness Afternoon’ at Neale-Wade Sports Centre on Sunday.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
The fitness session, run in partnership with Finesse Personal Training, will take place from 12.30-5pm and include circuits, zumba, combat and metabolic training.
It costs �15 per person, with all money going towards the fundraising target. To book your place contact Vikki on 07803718181 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Hannah on 07793942893 or email@example.com
Vicki is hoping to hike the Inca Trail with fellow Fenland youth workers Alice Goose and Laura Burgess.