Bosom buddies raise money for breast cancer charity
FOUR bosom buddies walked through the night wearing bras over their t-shirts to raise money for breast cancer charities.
The friends paced the 26.2 mile marathon course when they took part in the MoonWalk around London.
Gary Clarke, Emma Parkinson, Jodie Crane and Jay Stevens, dubbed the Awesome Foursome, joined hundreds of other bra wearers who power walked by the light of the moon through the streets of the country’s capital to raise funds.
The March friends joined 17,000 people who took part in the event, including celebrity walkers like comedienne Jennifer Saunders, actress Emma Kennedy, TV presenter Penny Smith and singer Alison Moyet.
Into its 17th year, Moonwalk has raised more than £85 million for research into breast cancer.
You may also want to watch:
Emma, Jodie, Jay and Gary completed the event in less than seven hours and have raised more than £500.
The four met two years ago through March Slimming World and are all target members, losing 19 stone between them.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
Emma said that since joining they had remained the greatest of friends and as a group decided to take up the challenge, as it was something they would never have dreamed of doing a few years ago.
Nicola Clarke, Gary’s sister, joined the group by helping out as a road marshall along the streets of London, supporting the walkers as they made their way around the course.
In true Walk the Walk tradition they wore brightly decorated bras.
Jennifer Saunders commented: “Walk the Walk is a fantastic charity that raises tonnes of money whilst raising awareness of breast cancer, and The MoonWalk is fun! It’s a great event that makes you feel good. Everyone should do it at least once.”