Nine fire crews - one from as far away as Boston - tackle house and garages blaze in Wimblington
- Credit: Archant
Nine fire crews – including one from Boston – were called to a garage and house blaze in Wimblington last night.
The call to the emergency services was put through just after 6pm to report of a fire on Walnut Tree Walk involving a double garage and house as well as neighbouring sheds.
A fire service spokesman said: “Two crews from March, one crew from Chatteris, one crew from Manea, one crew from Ramsey, one crew from Wisbech, one crew from Stanground, one crew from Huntingdon, and one crew from Boston attended the incident.
“Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used hose reels and jets to extinguish the fire and prevent further spread.”
The spokesman said: “Due to restricted access an aerial appliance from Lincolnshire was required to assist.”
You may also want to watch:
The fire was brought under control by 9pm and all crews returned to their stations by midnight.
An investigation is underway to determine how the fire started.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire