Cash boost for MP Steve Barclay’s Read to Succeed campaign
- Credit: Steve Barclay
A Fenland-based solicitors firm has supported MP Steve Barclay’s Read to Succeed campaign by handing over a cash boost of £1,000.
Bowsers Solicitors, which has offices in Wisbech and March, presented a cheque to the North East Cambridgeshire MP to help his annual reading scheme.
The Read to Succeed campaign aims to raise enough money to buy a reading book for every single Year 4 schoolchild in the constituency.
A spokesperson for Bowsers Solicitors said: “Read to Succeed will provide books to children when they need it the most.
“Hopefully, our donation will help to improve the reading skills of some of the children within the local community.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Barclay said: “I’m delighted that once again local businesses and organisations are supporting the scheme.
“Literacy skills are so important and given the interruption to education this year, I think the scheme is needed more than ever.”
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 8 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 9 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 10 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
This year’s theme is Wild World Heroes and hopes to encourage children to stand up for the future of our planet.
Any businesses wanting to support the campaign are asked to email: firstname.lastname@example.org