Boy, 13, devastated after bike given to him as early Christmas present is stolen in Wisbech
A TEENAGE boy has been left devastated after the bike he had been given as an early Christmas present was stolen from outside a Wisbech home.
The youngster’s family have released a picture of the Mongoose BMX which the 13-year-old had been given as a joint Christmas and birthday present.
The boy had helped his friend back to his home in Sherwood Avenue after he had fallen and hurt himself playing in Waterlees Park.
He left the bike outside the home but it was gone by the time he left the house at 6.20pm on Sunday, December 9.
PC Michelle Bax, investigating, said: “He had been given the bike as a joint Christmas and birthday present and is devastated that it has been stolen.
You may also want to watch:
“He only left it unattended for a few minutes while helping his friend.
“I would urge anyone who has been offered the bike for sale or seen it being ridden around the town to call police.”
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Anyone with any information should call PC Bax on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.