'It's melted my heart' - boy, 6, cheers up residents through works of art
- Credit: Tamar Mullard
We’ve had rainbows to keep spirits up during the Covid-19 pandemic, but for one child, he wanted to cheer up residents in his own way.
Six-year-old Joab Mullard from Whittlesey has coloured pictures from his colouring book, including turtles and castles, in the hope that passing residents would see them in front of their house on Commons Road.
“The thought that other people would like a picture is better than throwing them out," Tamar Mullard, Joab's mum, said.
So, to avoid disappointment, Tamar asked the local community through social media on December 29 if they could take one of Joab’s pictures.
Since then, the Facebook post attracted over 310 reactions and more than 50 comments, and Tamar was overjoyed by the response.
You may also want to watch:
“He has always been a social boy and wanting to make people smile," she said.
“My intention was not to disappoint him and get people’s attention; it’s melted my heart.”
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 4 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 7 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years