BRAKESPEARE: Cambridge computer wizards create website which answers your question... but does it work?
COMPUTER wizards at Cambridge have come up with another wheeze to impress and delight - what they’re terming a smart alec website.
Pay a visit to trueknowledge.com and you’ll discover the latest gizmo to which to pose your questions and to find answers.
Co-founder William Tunstall-Pedoe says the website is a “phone-a-friend” on the internet which can answer “trillions” of questions.
“What’s new is that it is a website which answers the question,” said Mr Tunstall-Pedoe.
“It doesn’t give you references to articles mentioning the words in the question. It gives you the answer. Ask it when Bob Dylan’s birthday is and it will simply tell you. And it if doesn’t know the answer it will say it doesn’t know.”
You may also want to watch:
Perhaps Brakespeare hasn’t quite got it yet, or perhaps the website just needs time to settle down for when I posed the question “Where is the capital of the Fens?” back came the response: “Sorry, I don’t know the answer to that question.”
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 6 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 7 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 8 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 9 Stabbing victim a 'fun loving guy who enjoyed life to the full'
- 10 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory