BRAKESPEARE: Fenland Council makes it easy to find out what groups our councillors belong to
IF you’ve ever wondered what groups our councillors belong to or what business interests they have, Fenland District Council has made it easier for you to find out.
A little-trumpeted change to �councillor details on their website means you can see for yourself how councillors either earn their cash, tend their investments or what outside groups they belong to.
Hence I can tell you, for instance, that council chairman Councillor Ralph Butcher is a member of the Herds Bulls and Grasses Charity while �Councillor Fred Yeulett is a member of the �Honourable Company of Master Mariners.
Councillor Kit Owen is a part-time self-employed pest technician, �Councillor Robert Scrimshaw a member of the National Registration of Sprayer �Operatives, and Councillor Simon King is a Yellow Pages supervisor. �Councillor Ken Mayor describes his occupation as self-employed, part-time limousine driver.
Former leader Geoff Harper says his employment is ‘political consultancy’ and he notes he’s an (unpaid) research assistant to Malcolm Moss MP (either he’s forgotten Malcolm stepped down or the list is out of date!).
You may also want to watch:
For real fun spot the Freemasons or, if time permits, spend 10 minutes or so going through the list of organisations which have Cllr King as a member.
At a quick glance I counted at least 30.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 6 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton