BRAKESPEARE: Latest victim of March market place parking restrictions is wife of markets manager
NOT that I am ever likely to be caught parking illegally there myself, but I do have some sympathy for those being handed fixed penalty tickets for parking improperly or illegally on March Market Place.
After all, the custom and practice of parking there unhindered for years takes it toll when a new regulatory regime comes in.
All the more unfortunate then to discover one of those given a fixed penalty ticket last week was the wife of markets manager Mike Chapman, whose Fenland Hall department is one of those responsible for monitoring the parking there.
Mr Chapman is on holiday but no doubt will have appealed the decision and I await that with interest.
Hopefully, Brakespeare’s usual sources will alert me to the outcome.
You may also want to watch:
n An FDC officer is pictured checking parked cars on March market place.
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Floral tributes laid for ‘amazing brother’ killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 4 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 5 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 6 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 8 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 9 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl