BRAKESPEARE: Latest victim of March market place parking restrictions is wife of markets manager
NOT that I am ever likely to be caught parking illegally there myself, but I do have some sympathy for those being handed fixed penalty tickets for parking improperly or illegally on March Market Place.
After all, the custom and practice of parking there unhindered for years takes it toll when a new regulatory regime comes in.
All the more unfortunate then to discover one of those given a fixed penalty ticket last week was the wife of markets manager Mike Chapman, whose Fenland Hall department is one of those responsible for monitoring the parking there.
Mr Chapman is on holiday but no doubt will have appealed the decision and I await that with interest.
Hopefully, Brakespeare’s usual sources will alert me to the outcome.
n An FDC officer is pictured checking parked cars on March market place.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?