BRAKESPEARE: My favourite filling station in Fenland doesn’t disappoint - with fuel nearly �1.50 per litre
IT’S always fun to speculate what the price hike on fuel may be at Brakespeare’s favourite filling station... and the garage at Three Holes didn’t disappoint.
Diesel at a handsome 149.9p per litre was hardly a surprise and maintained the differential to be found elsewhere.
It seemed an impertinence to pop in and question the marketing philosophy that drives this entrepreneurial enterprise: perhaps the owners are hoping their signs will become something of a tourist attraction?
Please feel free to e-mail your suggestion.
DISCUSSING fuel prices in March, one stalwart of the business community reminded me of the conversation he had with an employee during the 1970s.
You may also want to watch:
When the boss asked his worker why he hadn’t asked for more money to fill his tank, back came the response that nothing much had changed.
“I always put a tenner’s worth of petrol in the car on a Friday and when that runs out I walk,” he replied.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 6 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works