BRAKESPEARE: The problems for Cambs Against the Cuts Organising Committee with setting up account
VARYING reports of their efficacy are being reported about actions from the Cambridgeshire Against the Cuts Organising Committee, but still the protests continue.
Latest minutes from the committee details protests both inside and outside Cambridge and in the county’s market towns.
Given that many attach blame to bankers for getting us to the point of possible no return in respect of cuts to services, I was intrigued by the problems the committee are having with their bankers.
Under the finance heading of their agenda, the committee noted that Stephen was to “chase problems with setting up account”.
The committee member referred to I take to be Stephen Lintott, who describes himself as a union activist, pacifist and Cambridge Green Party co-ordinator.
You may also want to watch:
And probably no friends of bankers. His recent re-tweet left me smiling all the way to the bank!
“Cameron calls for an end to ‘Banker bashing’. That really does sound simply like something that gets done after lights out at Eton,” young Mr Lintott re-tweeted to his 167 followers.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 4 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 8 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain