Braza’s charity quiz held in memory of Malcolm and Marlene Emery raises £1,000
- Credit: Archant
March Braza Club held a charity quiz night in memory of regular quizzers Malcolm and Marlene Emery.
They both came to the Braza every Sunday evening to take part in the quiz and following their deaths earlier this year, the Braza thought it would be nice to hold a memorial charity quiz.
The night was well attended by family and friends and the winning team where presented with a memorial cup.
The Braza laid on a free buffet and draw prizes where donated by lots of different individuals.
The evening raised £1,000 with £300 of this being donated by Bob Fitzjohn of March Fishing Club.
You may also want to watch:
The money was split evenly between Magpas and the Alzheimer’s Society the charities chosen by the couple’s family.
The Braza will make this an annual event in memory of Malcolm and Marlene with the winning teams earning the memorial cup.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
March braza club have a quiz every Sunday night starting at 8pm and all are welcome.