Arrest made after man spotted on CCTV following break-in at Fen RSPCA shop
- Credit: Supplied/@FenCops
A man has been arrested and cash has been recovered following a break-in at one of the RSPCA’s charity shops in the Fens.
The wanted man was spotted on Peterborough City Council CCTV in Whittlesey shortly after the incident in the town.
Officers dispatched dogs from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Police Dog Unit to catch up with the man in question.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "Wanted male spotted by Peterborough City Council CCTV in Whittlesey.
"While officers were on route male was seen to break into the RSPCA shop.
You may also want to watch:
"Police dogs [were] nearby and the male was arrested, money also recovered near by. Male has been charged and refuses bail."
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told