Breakfast wakes up your brain! Official review of a free club by a nine year old Whittlesey student
- Credit: Archant
Breakfast is the best meal of the day at a Whittlesey primary school where parent volunteers are needed to help run a free club.
New Road school is being funded to provide free breakfasts for at least two years thanks to the Greggs bakery charity foundation.
And the club has already gone down a storm - at its official launch one nine year old boy said: “I love breakfast because it wakes up my brain!”
The school has run a breakfast club for some time but now, thanks to Greggs, all children at school can enjoy free food providing there are enough parent volunteers to help man it.
Sally Gaskin said it took about 18 months to get the funding in place.
You may also want to watch:
All the bread is provided free of charge thanks to Greggs at March.
The school has secured grant funding and has bought traditional games like snakes and ladders for children to play after they have enjoyed their breakfast.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
Around 20 children enjoyed the official launch at the club that runs from 8 to 8.45am.