BREAKING NEWS: COUPLE FROM WISBECH SCOOP �101MILLION ON EUROMILLIONS LOTTERY. CHAMPAGNE FLOWS AS WINNING PAIR UNVEILED TO WORLD’S MEDIA
WISBECH COUPLE SCOOP �101 MILLION
The lucky pair are Dave Dawes, 47, and his wife Angela, 43. Dave works for Premier Foods.
Well he did until today.
More as it happens
Unofficial hints from within Camelot suggested earlier the winner could be from either Wisbech, Ely, Littleport, March, Chatteris, Whittlesey.
You may also want to watch:
But a few moments ago our sources inside Camelot ruled out Ely, hinting that the lucky couple about to collect a cool �101 million cheque are from either Wisbech, March or Chatteris.
It will be 2pm today when Camelot reveal which Cambridgeshire could has scooped the EuroMillions jackpot - the third biggest prize ever won in the UK.
- 1 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 2 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
The pair will be revealed to the world at a press conference in Hatfield Heath, Hertfordshire this afternoon - where they are expected to reveal how they will spend the money.
The couple telephoned Camelot on Saturday to confirm that they had matched the seven winning numbers.
The biggest ever EuroMillions win was in July, when Scottish couple Colin and Chris Weir scooped �161m.
One local radio station suggested earlier the couple are from the Wisbech area, living on the Norfolk/Cambridgeshire border.