BREAKING NEWS: Crashes at Wisbech, Mepal, Coates and Littleport in afternoon of chaos on wet Fen roads
A POLICE inspector tonight called for drivers to adapt to wet weather conditions after an afternoon of chaos on roads across the Fens.
Emergency services were called to four crashes in a matter of hours, including one which left a male motorcyclist with “serious but not life-threatening” injuries.
The A142 was closed between Chatteris and Mepal after the collision between a car and a motorcycle, which happened close to the entrance to Mepal Outdoor Centre at about 3pm.
Police have also closed the A1101 at Newton, near Wisbech, after a three-vehicle crash which left one woman with a serious head injury. A diversion is in place.
There are long delays in Littleport following a four-vehicle crash involving two cars and two vans at the junction of the A1101 Wisbech Road and the A10.
You may also want to watch:
Inspector Kieran Mylchreest said: “We would urge all drivers to make sure they adapt their driving to the weather conditions.”
This afternoon’s collisions came after firefighters freed two people from a car involved in a two-vehicle crash at lunchtime.
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
Eastrea Road, in Coates, was closed in both directions following the crash. Two other people had managed to free themselves before the fire service arrived.