BREAKING NEWS: Pedestrian in highway in the early hours killed after being struck by two cars
- Credit: Archant
A PEDESTRIAN has been killed after being struck by TWO cars on a West Norfolk road in the early hours of today.
Police are appealing for witnesses following the fatal road traffic collision on the A149 Queen Elizabeth Way on the outskirts of Kings Lynn- better known as the ‘coast route’.
A police spokesman said the accident happened at 2.40am “when a blue Ford Fiesta was involved in a collision with a male pedestrian who was in the highway, close to the junction with the B1145.
“A second vehicle, believed to be a red car and possibly a Ford Fiesta, also collided with the pedestrian, who was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.”
The spokesman said: “The driver of the second vehicle stopped at the scene however left before details were taken and officers are appealing for the driver to come forward.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the collision should contact PC Chris Curtis or Sgt Chris Bradley at Swaffham Roads Policing on 101.
No further details of the deceased have been released.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car