BREAKING NEWS: Police car involved in accident on way to 999 call in West Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
A POLICE car responding to a 999 call was involved in an accident in West Norfolk tonight.
A Norfolk police spokesman said their officers were investigating following a road traffic collision in West Winch, near King’s Lynn, earlier this evening which involved a police vehicle.
“The incident happened shortly before 8.20pm when a police van responding to an emergency call was involved in a collision with a Volvo on the A10,” said the spokesman.
Paramedics and firefighters were called to the scene and the road has been closed at the junction with the A47 Hardwick roundabout.
Three people – the elderly female driver of the Volvo and two officers – suffered minor injuries and are receiving treatment.
You may also want to watch:
The road will remain closed while the collision is investigated and vehicles are recovered.
As is standard procedure, the matter has been referred to the Constabulary’s Professional Standards Department.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
No further information is available at this stage.