BREAKING NEWS: River bank collapse, street closed and customers asked to leave supermarket as flash floods hit March and the Fens
- Credit: Archant
Streets in and around March were hit by torrential flash floods this afternoon with one supermarket forced to close and whole streets flooded out.
There was also a dramatic moment when the river bank near to The Ship in the town centre suddenly began to move.
Highways engineers are en route to March to establish the damage but meanwhile people are being warned to stay well clear.
At Tesco’s main store in Hostmoor shoppers were suddenly asked to leave after rain water got into some of the aisles.
Outside the store the car park was under water within minutes and drivers were asked to leave carefully to avoid damage to their vehicles.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere reports are coming in of flooding in Alpha Street and Gresley Way, March.
Dramatic photos from Alpha Street will be on line soon.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
Readers photos from Doddington and Chatteris will also shortly be on line.
Meanwhile if you have flood images please send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org