BREAKING NEWS: Wisbech pet shop owner cleared of sexual assault on teenage girl
THE owner of a pet business near Wisbech was today cleared of claims that he groped a 16-year-old girl’s breast.
Alan Baldry, 52, lives at the family business Mill Lane Pet Centre, in Leverington, with his wife Cindy.
He had denied the sexual assault, which was alleged to have happened in his shop on 20 November last year.
The alleged victim told Cambridge Crown Court that Mr Baldry came up behind her and put his hand down the front of her top, inside her bra and groped her breast.
She told a friend that day, but didn’t tell her mother. Police were notified when she was overheard talking about it at school a few days later.
Mr Baldry told police when arrested he was “bewildered” by the accusation and didn’t know why the girl should have made it up.
Giving evidence, he categorically denied that he had touched her.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 9 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 10 Woman in court over town pub burglary