Breast is best as Wisbech mums celebrate a world breastfeeding awareness event
- Credit: Archant
A group of 10 families in a Wisbech children’s group enjoyed a picnic as part of celebrating World Breastfeeding Week.
Health visitors and nursery nurses from Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust hosted a joint celebration picnic with the Children’s Centre.
Elizabeth Kurleto-Slabber, nursery nurse with Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust said: “Thank you to everyone for your support and attending the event.
“It was lovely to see so many people supporting and contributing to greater awareness of breastfeeding in our community, I do hope that everyone enjoyed the day.”
National Breastfeeding Celebration Week is organised by UNICEF and the Baby Friendly Initiative.
You may also want to watch:
The aim is to provide an opportunity for mothers, breastfeeding supporters and health professionals to come together and share what works well to support breastfeeding in the local community, in order to create a more breastfeeding culture.
At a national level the aim is to raise awareness of the health and wellbeing benefits of breastfeeding for mothers, their infants and the long term public health for everyone.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital