Bring some Christmas cheer to needy families by donating toys to the Santa’s Suitcase appeal.
THE Cambs Times and the March branch of Anglia Co-operative Travel are joining forces to bring some Christmas cheer to needy families in the area.
We’re asking you to help us fill Santa’s suitcase with gift items for disadvantaged youngsters in the area.
All of your gifts will be delivered to vulnerable families in the March and Chatteris area supported by the Ormiston Children and Families Trust.
It’s the third year the Cambs Times has teamed up with the Anglia Co-operative travel branch for a Christmas toys appeal.
Travel branch manager Natasha Thatcher said: “Through your help last year we were able to put a smile on dozens of children’s faces. Please help us to do it again this year.”
You may also want to watch:
Take your gifts of toys, books, puzzles and games in to the travel branch at 34 Broad Street by 5pm on Saturday, December 15. The appeal needs items for all age ranges – unfortunately, for health and safety reasons, they cannot accept second-hand or cuddly toys.
Amanda Newman, manager for the Ormiston Children and Families Trust Children’s Centre at March, said: “We are really pleased to once again be the organisation chosen by Anglia Co-operative Travel to be the recipient of the Santa’s Suitcase appeal.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
“For many of the parents and children that visit our centres to use our range of services, Christmas is indeed the ‘most wonderful time of the year’. However, for those families that are facing hard times, it might not be a time to celebrate due to rising fuel bills, the ongoing economic down-turn and increased unemployment.
“Anglia Co-operative Travel and their Santa’s Suitcase appeal mean that those families that are having to go to extra lengths to make ends meet will have the opportunity to relax a little and enjoy the festivities this season, alongside the rest of our community.”