Bring some Christmas cheer to needy families by donating toys to the Santa’s Suitcase appeal.
THE Cambs Times and the March branch of Anglia Co-operative Travel are joining forces to bring some Christmas cheer to needy families in the area.
We’re asking you to help us fill Santa’s suitcase with gift items for disadvantaged youngsters in the area.
All of your gifts will be delivered to vulnerable families in the March and Chatteris area supported by the Ormiston Children and Families Trust.
It’s the third year the Cambs Times has teamed up with the Anglia Co-operative travel branch for a Christmas toys appeal.
Travel branch manager Natasha Thatcher said: “Through your help last year we were able to put a smile on dozens of children’s faces. Please help us to do it again this year.”
Take your gifts of toys, books, puzzles and games in to the travel branch at 34 Broad Street by 5pm on Saturday, December 15. The appeal needs items for all age ranges – unfortunately, for health and safety reasons, they cannot accept second-hand or cuddly toys.
Amanda Newman, manager for the Ormiston Children and Families Trust Children’s Centre at March, said: “We are really pleased to once again be the organisation chosen by Anglia Co-operative Travel to be the recipient of the Santa’s Suitcase appeal.
- 1 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 2 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 3 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 4 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 5 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 6 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 7 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 8 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 9 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 10 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
“For many of the parents and children that visit our centres to use our range of services, Christmas is indeed the ‘most wonderful time of the year’. However, for those families that are facing hard times, it might not be a time to celebrate due to rising fuel bills, the ongoing economic down-turn and increased unemployment.
“Anglia Co-operative Travel and their Santa’s Suitcase appeal mean that those families that are having to go to extra lengths to make ends meet will have the opportunity to relax a little and enjoy the festivities this season, alongside the rest of our community.”