Brittany is streets ahead for new dance class in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
An Emeneth student, who has been street dancing since she was four years old, has launched her own dance school at the Thomas Clarkson Academy in Wisbech.
Brittany Read, 18, is using the new studio facilities at the school to hold four different street dance classes for children from five years up to adults.
Her aim is to bring students up to standard to enter competitions at national and world class level where she continues to compete successfully.
Brittany, who is studying psychology and criminology at Anglia Ruskin University, said: “Dancing has been my life for as long as I can remember.
“My dream is to get people up to a top level. I want to have dance as my interest but work in the field of law - they are two very different things!”
You may also want to watch:
Brittany started dancing with Wisbech-based Ali’s Street Dance and moved to Sarah’s Street Style in March.
She recently competed in the world street dance championships and has performed at the Palladium, the O2 and her Majesty’s Theatre.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
Students can turn up on the night to enrol in classes which take place on Wednesday from 6-7pm for 12-15 year olds, from 8-9 for 16 years plus.
On Fridays the classes run from 5-6pm for 5-7 year olds and from 6-7 for 8-11 year olds.