Buckinghamshire man hoping to uncover history of Leverington ancestors
- Credit: Archant
IT is a 75 year-old photograph of a family holiday in Hunstanton but it could also be the key to unlocking a Buckinghamshire man’s family tree.
Howard Jones, 49, from High Wycombe, is attempting to trace his family tree and has discovered some of his ancestors lived in Leverington.
But he does not have family in the area so he is hoping someone may have information which will help him discover more about that side of his family.
He said: “My brother lives in Australia and suggested to me six months ago that we could do a family tree.
“I told him our surname is Jones so it could be difficult but I started one anyway.
You may also want to watch:
“I found out one of the women in this picture is Ayda Ward, who was from Leverington.
“According to the census she lived with her grandparents when she was nine so she must have had an interesting childhood.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
“Several other people in the photograph are also from the Wisbech area but I’ve not been able to identify them and since I have no connections in that part of the world I’m a bit stuck.
“It would be great to find out more about this side of my family.”