Budding artists invited to enter St George’s Fayre competition
- Credit: Archant
The John Abbott sponsored art competition will be a feature of the annual March St George’s Fayre at the end of the month with this year’s theme the art of flight.
The closing date for entries is Tuesday April 22 and Judging will take place then. Winning entries will be displayed at the Library.
The competition is open to anyone living within 15 miles of March and entry is free.
The adult (over 16) section is restricted to an open photography competition this year.
There will be trophies and prizes in every level with photography divided into two classes with prizes for adults and under 16 years of age.
You may also want to watch:
The open art competition is split into three classes with trophies and prizes in each. There are school years 3-6, 7-9 and 10-12 sections. Every entrant in years 3-6 will receive a certificate marking participation
There is also a special class entry trophy and prize this year.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
Pick up an entry form at March Library or online at www.marchstgeorgesfayre.com, direct from the artist on 01354 652653 or by email at email@example.com.
Presentations will take place during the St George’s Fayre on Sunday April 27.