Buffet lunch in March raises £1,100 for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A charity lunch held at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March raised £1,100 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
The Ladies at Lunch event was organised by the March, Chatteris and District Fundraising Group of Macmillan Cancer Support and included a flower arranging demonstration by Corinne Turner Floristry.
Eighty women enjoyed a buffet lunch before Corinne and her colleague Charlotte Clarke created three autumnal floral displays, which were then auctioned off by March Mayor Rob Skoulding in aid of the charity.
The three displays raised a total of £96. The event also included a raffle.
Josephine Fried, press officer for the group, said: “Feedback was very positive and we are really grateful to everyone who generously donated to the raffle, bought lots of tickets and also bid for the wonderful flower arrangements.
“We especially want to thank the organising committee from our group: Sue Oldroyd, Janet Tuffs and Gillian Kime.”
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
- 9 Whittlesey ready for battle in bid to maintain promotion push
- 10 Academy will train next generation of taxi drivers