Buffet lunch in March raises £1,100 for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A charity lunch held at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March raised £1,100 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
The Ladies at Lunch event was organised by the March, Chatteris and District Fundraising Group of Macmillan Cancer Support and included a flower arranging demonstration by Corinne Turner Floristry.
Eighty women enjoyed a buffet lunch before Corinne and her colleague Charlotte Clarke created three autumnal floral displays, which were then auctioned off by March Mayor Rob Skoulding in aid of the charity.
The three displays raised a total of £96. The event also included a raffle.
Josephine Fried, press officer for the group, said: “Feedback was very positive and we are really grateful to everyone who generously donated to the raffle, bought lots of tickets and also bid for the wonderful flower arrangements.
You may also want to watch:
“We especially want to thank the organising committee from our group: Sue Oldroyd, Janet Tuffs and Gillian Kime.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital