BUILDING DESIGN AWARDS 2012: 67A Elwyn Road, March, wins Best New Dwelling Scheme (1-5 Dwellings)
Owner: Mrs K Hubbard. Designer: KL Elener Architectural Design.
THE judging panel felt that this home was designed to the highest standards, incorporating a mix of design features which make it unique.
Materials used in the construction are to a very high standard and carefully reflect materials used in the immediate area. The dwelling blends well with adjoining development.
The home is in a prominent location set between two fine houses.
Nominee and architect Ken Elener said: “The client’s desire was to build a home that would both enhance the street scene and be of sufficient quality to not be dwarfed by the adjacent 69 Elwyn Road, regarded as one of the finest homes in the town.
You may also want to watch:
“We feel this has been achieved by the client’s eye for detail and her instance on quality.
“I feel the dwelling sits comfortably in its surroundings and enhances the street scene and will do for a long while.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
The proposal was highly commended at the 2010 awards.
28 Bassenhally Road, Whittlesey. Owner: John & Judy Palmer. Designer: Craig Brand. Builder: TP Snitch Brickwork Ltd, Whittlesey.
9 Swanley Gardens, March. Owner: LVC Ltd. Designer: Brand Associates, March. Builder: Eles Developments Ltd, Whittlesey.
Category sponsor: JE Aircon/Evergreen Solar