BUILDING DESIGN AWARDS 2012: Waldersea House wins Planning Committee Chairman’s Award
Owner: Executive Care Group Ltd. Designer: Brand Associates.
THE attention to detail taken when restoring Waldersea House from its derelict state was praised by Councillor Philip Hatton, chairman of Fenland District Council’s planning committee, when he announced its transformation as his winning scheme.
Cllr Hatton said: “I saw this house several years ago when Executive Care Group submitted planning permission and it was just a derelict house. I didn’t really think at the time it could be brought back the way it has.
“The attention to detail that has gone into restoring the house has been fantastic. The hallway has a mosaic floor and I understand that it was pulled out piece by piece, numbered and put back again.
“Everything is original, even the mortar that has been used, and they have done a superb job.”
You may also want to watch:
67A Elwyn Road, March. Owner: Mrs K Hubbard. Designer: KL Elener Architectural Design.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
28 Bassenhally Road, Whittlesey. Owner: John & Judy Palmer. Designer: Craig Brand. Builder: TP Snitch Brickwork Ltd, Whittlesey.
Award sponsor: Almary Green Investments