BUILDING DESIGN AWARDS 2012: Waldersea House wins Planning Committee Chairman’s Award
Owner: Executive Care Group Ltd. Designer: Brand Associates.
THE attention to detail taken when restoring Waldersea House from its derelict state was praised by Councillor Philip Hatton, chairman of Fenland District Council’s planning committee, when he announced its transformation as his winning scheme.
Cllr Hatton said: “I saw this house several years ago when Executive Care Group submitted planning permission and it was just a derelict house. I didn’t really think at the time it could be brought back the way it has.
“The attention to detail that has gone into restoring the house has been fantastic. The hallway has a mosaic floor and I understand that it was pulled out piece by piece, numbered and put back again.
“Everything is original, even the mortar that has been used, and they have done a superb job.”
67A Elwyn Road, March. Owner: Mrs K Hubbard. Designer: KL Elener Architectural Design.
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 4 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 5 Jury deliberates in trial of driver accused of causing baby’s death
- 6 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 7 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 8 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 9 Jury to go out in trial of driver accused of causing toddler's death
- 10 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
28 Bassenhally Road, Whittlesey. Owner: John & Judy Palmer. Designer: Craig Brand. Builder: TP Snitch Brickwork Ltd, Whittlesey.
Award sponsor: Almary Green Investments