Building society in Wisbech is banking on public votes for charity campaign
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech branch of Norwich and Peterborough Building Society is putting £1,000 up for grabs as part of a new initiative to benefit local charities.
Colleagues at the branch on Market Place are kick-starting a campaign to help good causes by inviting people to call in and vote for their favourite out of three charities to decide how the money should be split.
In line for a cash boost are Wisbech and District Life Saving Club, Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust and Wisbech Foodbank.
The charitable campaign will launch on Friday June 6 and run for two weeks.
The number of votes received for each charity by Friday June 20 will determine the amount of money each receives;. The one with the most will receive £500, second place £300 and in third place, £200.
You may also want to watch:
Mandy Gook, manager of the Wisbech N&P branch said: “We know how important our chosen three charities are to our local community so we’re delighted to be making a donation to help them continue their important work – just how much they receive though will be up to our customers and members of the public.
“We hope as many people as possible will take a minute to pop in and make their vote count.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
A total of £45,000 will be given away by the 45 N&P Building Society branches in the East Anglia Region.