Bungalow evacuated after fire spreads from garage to roof of home
- Credit: Archant
A bungalow on The Shires, March had to be evacuated at the weekend after a fire spread from a garage to the roof of the home.
Crews from March, Chatteris Whittlesey, Wisbech and Huntingdon were called to the blaze at around 7.16pm on Saturday evening.
Firefighters arrived to find a well-developed fire in a garage that had spread to the roof of a bungalow.
Wearing breathing apparatus the crews extinguished the fire using hose reels and jets.
The building was safely evacuated before the crews arrived.
You may also want to watch:
The crews returned to their stations by 12.05am.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused