Bungalow evacuated after fire spreads from garage to roof of home

PUBLISHED: 15:02 24 May 2016 | UPDATED: 15:02 24 May 2016

March House Fire.

March House Fire.

Archant

A bungalow on The Shires, March had to be evacuated at the weekend after a fire spread from a garage to the roof of the home.

Crews from March, Chatteris Whittlesey, Wisbech and Huntingdon were called to the blaze at around 7.16pm on Saturday evening.

Firefighters arrived to find a well-developed fire in a garage that had spread to the roof of a bungalow.

Wearing breathing apparatus the crews extinguished the fire using hose reels and jets.

The building was safely evacuated before the crews arrived.

The crews returned to their stations by 12.05am.

The cause of the fire was accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Cambs Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Most Read

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Most Read

Latest from the Cambs Times