Burglar Declan Finn, 22, who stole a bank card from Chatteris was caught on CCTV but not before he’d gone on a £1,000 spending spree
- Credit: Archant
CCTV was used to track a 22-year- old who broke into a Chatteris house and stole a bank card before going on a £1,000 spending free.
In total he carried out 24 fraudulent transactions using the bank card, a court was told, totalling £988.31.
Declan Finn also stole a watch, TV and a games console from the house in Pound Road.
Some of the cash he withdrew fraudulently from an ATM was used to buy a pair of trainers and fast food, a court heard.
Finn, of Wenny Estate, was identified from CCTV footage using the bank card and arrested. He was charged with burglary and fraud.
You may also want to watch:
On Tuesday (August 2) at Cambridge Crown Court, Finn pleaded guilty to both offences.
He was sentenced to eight months in prison for burglary and four months for the fraud offence to run concurrently.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
The burglary took place on January 16,
Detective Constable Thomas Adams said: “Tackling burglary is a force priority and we will do all we can to bring offenders like Finn to justice.”