Burglar Declan Finn, 22, who stole a bank card from Chatteris was caught on CCTV but not before he’d gone on a £1,000 spending spree
- Credit: Archant
CCTV was used to track a 22-year- old who broke into a Chatteris house and stole a bank card before going on a £1,000 spending free.
In total he carried out 24 fraudulent transactions using the bank card, a court was told, totalling £988.31.
Declan Finn also stole a watch, TV and a games console from the house in Pound Road.
Some of the cash he withdrew fraudulently from an ATM was used to buy a pair of trainers and fast food, a court heard.
Finn, of Wenny Estate, was identified from CCTV footage using the bank card and arrested. He was charged with burglary and fraud.
On Tuesday (August 2) at Cambridge Crown Court, Finn pleaded guilty to both offences.
He was sentenced to eight months in prison for burglary and four months for the fraud offence to run concurrently.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 3 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 4 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 5 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 6 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 7 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 8 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 9 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 10 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
The burglary took place on January 16,
Detective Constable Thomas Adams said: “Tackling burglary is a force priority and we will do all we can to bring offenders like Finn to justice.”