Burglar is seen coming out of a bedroom where children are sleeping - man jailed at Peterborough Crown Court for four years
- Credit: Archant
A man who burgled a house while the owners slept has been jailed for four years.
Bartholomew Cronin went into the house at about 2am through an open window and searched the entire house before he was seen coming out of a bedroom where two children were sleeping.
Cronin barged past a male victim and made his way downstairs and back out of the window.
As he was leaving the victim hit him with a towel, knocking a rolled up cigarette out of Cronin’s mouth.
Cronin got away with house keys, vehicle keys, jewellery and a laptop.
You may also want to watch:
CCTV footage and DNA evidence from the cigarette linked Cronin to the scene and he was arrested on October 5 when he made a full admission. A further seven burglaries were taken into account.
Detective Constable Tom Hunt said: “This was a particularly nasty burglary as Cronin was disturbed inside the victim’s home at night coming out of a bedroom that was occupied by two small children. “I hope this serves as a message that burglary won’t be tolerated in our county.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
Cromin, 37, of Lincoln Road, Peterborough was sentenced at Peterborough Crown Court after pleading guilty to the burglary that took place on September 24.