Burglar jailed just days after breaking into Wisbech home
- Credit: Archant
A BURGLAR who broke into a Wisbech home while his victims were asleep has been jailed for three years.
Liam Clarke, 33, was arrested on Sunday, January 20, in connection with a burglary at a property in Cox Close earlier that day.
CCTV at the property showed Clarke pushing open a rear door to get in. Once inside he stole a PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, console games, alcohol and tobacco.
After the burglary was reported, a local officer attended and identified Clarke from the CCTV and within an hour and a half he was arrested.
Checks later showed he had sold the stolen property at a second hand shop. Records and CCTV from the shop confirmed it was Clarke.
You may also want to watch:
Clarke, of Ellerby Drive, Wisbech, pleaded guilty to burglary at Cambridge Crown Court yesterday (January 28). He was sentenced to three years with an additional six months for breaching a previous suspended sentence for handling stolen goods.
DC Tim Towell said: “This is a fantastic result and proves how seriously we take burglary.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
“This was a particularly unpleasant experience for the victims, who were asleep in the property at the time, and I hope this result will provide them with some reassurance that justice has been served.
“Thanks to their CCTV and the swift actions of local officers, Clarke was quickly caught and eight days on is now serving time behind bars.”